About Blaine Fergerstrom
- A current résumé in PDF format is always available at www.zztype.com/resume.pdf
- This online portfolio may be viewed at www.zztype.com/portfolio
- My LinkedIn profile is at www.linkedin.com/in/zztype
I am a graphic designer and print production specialist dating to 1976. I am a photographer and videographer, as well as a video editor. I am a writer and word editor. I have extensive experience in the setup and operation of photo-typesetting systems, Macintosh pre-press production and Macintosh Internet applications and servers.
I have been a web designer and producer since 1994, including over 7 years of daily online newspaper design and production and four years of education digital media, web and Macintosh computer support.
I currently specialize in running websites based on the WordPress content management system software. I concurrently host and manage over 175 websites for organizations and individuals, the majority of them running WordPress.
I have been an early adopter since the inception of the social media era. My Twitter account dates to 2006 and my Facebook account to 2008. I am registered and familiar with most other mainstream social media applications and sites. I regularly stream live video to the internet.
- 2000 Cronkite School of Journalism “Best of the West” award-winner
- Hana Road story companion photography and Quicktime VR 360 photos
Jodo Mission Bon Dance
Writing & Photography
- Polynesian Pirate goes AWOL – January 17, 1997
- Little green Apple – May 16, 1997
- Columbia Inn Quicktime VR panoramas – January 5, 2001
- Washington Place Quicktime VR panoramas – January 5, 2001
- Opinion: No to fluoridated water – October 14, 2000
Office of Hawaiian Affairs – Ka Wai Ola Newspaper
- Pahinui Kanikapila Returns – Ka Wai Ola cover story, July 2008
- ‘Ahiahi no Nā Hōkū – Ka Wai Ola photo essay, July 2008
- Warrior Spirit: ‘Ōlohe Mitchell Eli – Ka Wai Ola photo and story, July 2008
- OHA, DHHL Unite To Put More Hawaiians In Homes, July 2008
- The Art of Love and War – Ka Wai Ola photos and story, August 2008
- Makawao Rodeo – Ka Wai Ola photo essay, August 2008
- Huna o Kalaupapa – Ka Wai Ola photo coverage, March 2008
- Leap of Faith, Justin Young – Ka Wai Ola photo coverage, June 2008
- DHHL Breaks Ground for Lālāmilo Waimea Hawaiian Homesteads
- DHHL Breaks Ground for Pi‘ilani Mai Ke Kai, Phase II
- Lālāmilo Paving and Lane Closures
- DHHL Ramps Up O‘ahu Island Plan Outreach
This is but a small sampling of my output. I have published photos and stories in almost every edition of Ka Wai Ola newspaper between October 2007 and February 2010.
ZZ Type – Blaine’s Blog
Many stories and examples of my other work can be read, along with extensive photo galleries, on my blog at www.zztype.com
I have over 150,000 photos in my library. I am often called on as an event photographer and frequently receive requests for photos of past events and people.
Many of my albums and events may be seen in my Flickr gallery at www.flickr.com/photos/zztype/albums
I currently host and manage 80 WordPress sites and over 100 total websites.
Here are a few samples of my work: