Fergie’s Freestyle Chili
Decided to make some chili. (Too much Cooking Channel!)
- – One top sirloin steak, cubed
- – One lb. lean hamburger
- – One Portuguese sausage, diced
- – One package bacon bits
- – One large onion, diced (I used yellow, but whatever…)
- – One basket mushrooms, diced
- – One can sliced olives
- – Two cans dark kidney beans
- – Two cans chili beans (duh, more kidney beans)
- – Two cans pinto beans
- – One large can minced tomatoes
- – Three or four large tablespoons garlic
- – Three or four fresh small red chili peppers from the yard, optional, to preference
- – Whole buncha chili powder, to taste
- – Smoked paprika, to taste
- – Little bit salt
- – Little bit fresh ground black pepper
Brown the meats and the onions, add the mushrooms, add the garlic. Add chili powder, salt, pepper, paprika. Add minced red chilis. Stir ’em up and let ’em cook a bit.
When the seasoned meats are cooked enough, add the minced tomatoes, add the beans (with the liquid from the can). Add the olives. Add a couple of cups of water.
Bring the chili to a boil on high heat, mixing every once in a while. (Go taste um, go!)
Turn down the heat, let the pot simmer for a while until you’re so hungry that you gotta sample a scoop. When done, turn the stove off and enjoy a bowl or two!
(If it’s a little spicy, add a couple tablespoons of sugar to ease it up!)
P.S.: I don’t cook by recipe. I just make it up as I go along.